Saturday, March 19, 2005

To the Shining Star……

Just when I needed most,

I saw a bright star

Shining, glowing, yet soothing,

The light reaching out,

Serenading everything in sight,

<>
I saw the trees sway in delight,

Their arms waving, reaching out,

The rest of the stars, shamed in comparison,

Apprehending they could never be par,

To something so innocent, so beautiful,

I closed my eyes, and let its charm in,

Felt its warmth, around me, serenading,

I reached out my hands, trying to touch, and feel

I know it is far, and I will never touch,

I will never know what it feels to be held,

By that beautiful star,

I felt innocence, and love,

Care and kindness,

I felt your heart, reaching out to us,

Those who are blind, who will never be,

As beautiful as you,

<>
I looked around me,

And I saw the emptiness,

I saw faces, twisted in hate,

Except for you there was nothing,

Someone wise said,

It is no harm to dream, as long as you have,

The wisdom to separate the achievables, from the unreachable,

I am wiser now, and I know,

I felt a smile on my lips,

And after a long time,

A smile I didn’t have to force,

Or pretend,

A natural smile, from within,

A smile of joy and rapture,

<>

Shine away beautiful star,

Show us that there is hope, beyond what we see,

Help us to be human,

Teach us your ways,

And smile………

Thank you shining star

Thank you for the smile, and your warmth,

I will always smile, when I see you, or feel you close,

Forever and a day,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter